Please check our official communication channels for announcements regarding updates and technical notices.
Here are the base recommendations for running a masternode candidate:
Minimum hardware requirements¶
Processing transactions is mostly CPU bound. Therefore we recommend running CPU optimized servers.
- Directly facing internet (public IP, no NAT)
- 16 cores CPU
- 32GB of RAM
- SSD storage
If you are running a node on the Testnet, 2CPU/8GB of RAM is sufficient.
We recommend using popular cloud providers as their reliability and uptime are close to 100%. These servers would be a good starting point:
- DigitalOcean: CPU optimized droplet 32GB/16CPU
- Amazon EC2: C5 instance
- Google Cloud Engine: n1-highcpu-16
Setting up a masternode candidate on a weaker machine might result in poor performance, significantly impacting an owner's rewards and the chain's performance.
If you have found other production-grade environments, please come chat with us on our Gitter.
A masternode has to continuously process a large amount of data (validations, block creation, etc). Your masternode needs to be able to handle the load or your rewards will be negatively impacted.
All IT systems require maintenance.
It is the owner's responsability to ensure over time that your node has enough:
- disk space to store the new blockchain data
- processing power to keep the chain operating at optimal speed
- monitoring to be able to react quickly in case of problem
- security mesures like firewalling, os security patching, ssh via keypairs, etc.
This is a non exhaustive list.