Terms & Privacy
If you do not agree to these Terms, you should stop accessing or using the TaoWallet immediately. In these Terms, the “TaoWallet” means the application owned and operated by the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates and related corporations. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove any of terms contained in these Terms, at any time, for any reason.
To be eligible to use TaoWallet, you must be at least eighteen (18) years old and be able to form legally binding contracts. If you are using our Services on behalf of a legal entity, you further represent and warrant that: (a) the legal entity is duly organized and validly existing under the applicable laws of the jurisdiction of its organization; and (b) you are duly authorized by such legal entity to act on its behalf. You can only use our Services if permitted under the laws of your jurisdiction. Please make sure that these Terms are in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations that apply to you. By using TaoWallet, you represent and warrant that you meet all eligibility requirements that we outline in these Terms. We may still refuse to let certain people access or use TaoWallet, however, and we reserve the right to change our eligibility criteria at any time.
“Applicable Law” means the laws of the Republic of Singapore. -“Company” means the unincorporated association of developers which contributed to this code.
“Cryptocurrency(ies)” means a digital currency, also referred to as a token, in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of the currency and to verify the transfer of the currency and which operates independently of the central bank of a country. Such digital currency is not legal tender issued by any central bank nor does it confer any interest in the ownership of, or debt relating to, any asset or property.
- “Digital Assets” Similar to Cryptocurrencies, Digital Assets are not backed by governments or central banks. They are not protected by government deposit protection schemes. Digital Assets may be extremely volatile. Digital Assets technology is extremely nascent and unproven. Digital Assets software and providers are regularly subject to hacking attempts resulting in loss of funds.
- “You” or “Your” or “Token Holder” means and shall refer to any person or entity (whether incorporated or not) who purchases the TAO.
THE BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES¶
- Wallet Address, Private Key, and Backup Capabilities. The private key is connected to the Wallet address and, together, they can be used to authorize the transfer of Cryptocurrencies to and from that Wallet address. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your private key and any mnemonic (backup) phrase associated with your Wallet. You must keep your Wallet address, mnemonic (backup) phrase, and private key access information secure. Failure to do so may result in the loss of control of Cryptocurrencies associated with the Wallet.
TaoWallet Cannot Assist With Password Retrieval. TaoWallet stores your Wallet address but does not receive or store your Wallet password, encrypted private key, unencrypted private key, or mnemonic (backup) phrase associated with your Wallet. We cannot, therefore, assist you with Wallet password retrieval. We cannot generate a new password for your Wallet if you fail to remember your original password. If you have not safely stored a backup of any Wallet address and private key pairs maintained in your Wallet, you accept and acknowledge that any Cryptocurrencies you have associated with such a Wallet address will become inaccessible if you do not have your Wallet password.
Cryptocurrencies Transactions. In order to be completed, all proposed Cryptocurrencies transactions must be confirmed and recorded in the Cryptocurrencies of associated public blockchain. By using TaoWallet, you acknowledge and agree that the transaction details you submit may not be completed, or may be substantially delayed, by the Tao Networks.
- Transactions. Once transaction details have been submitted via the Services, we cannot assist you to cancel or otherwise modify your transaction. You must ensure that you have an adequate balance in your Wallet and/or gas to complete transactions before initiating a transaction. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable for any failed transactions due to insufficient funds or gas associated with your TaoWallet account.
RESTRICTIONS OF USING TaoWallet¶
As a user of the Services, we grant you a limited, personal, non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use TaoWallet. When using our Services, we ask that you follow some basic rules:
Don’t Use Our Services to Break the Law. You agree that you will not violate any laws when using our Services. This includes any local, provincial, state, federal, national, or international laws that may apply to you. You agree that you will not use our Services to pay for, support, or otherwise engage in any illegal activities including, but not limited to, illegal gambling, fraud, money laundering, or terrorist activities. If we discover that you have violated this Agreement or other regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, by participating in money laundering or by financing terrorist activities, we will take proportional disciplinary action. You further agree not to encourage or induce any third party to engage in any of the activities prohibited under this Section.
Don’t Interfere With Other’s Use of the Services. You agree that you will not use or attempt to use another user’s Wallet without authorization or use our Services in any manner that could interfere, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying it.
Don’t Try to Harm Our System. You agree not to distribute any virus or other harmful computer code through TaoWallet. You also agree to not take any action that may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our or any of our third party providers’ infrastructure.
Don’t Attempt to Circumvent Our Security. You agree not to bypass, circumvent, or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures that we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services including, without limitation, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Services.
Any use of TaoWallet other than as specifically authorized in this Agreement, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate your license to use TaoWallet.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES¶
You understand and agree that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding:
- Failures, disruptions, errors, or delays in processing Cryptocurrencies that you may experience while using the Services;
- The risk of failure of hardware, software, and Internet connections;
- The risk of malicious software being introduced or found in the software underlying TaoWallet;
- The risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to information stored within your Wallet, including, but not limited to your Wallet address, private key, and mnemonic (backup) phrase; and
- The risk of unknown vulnerabilities in or unanticipated changes to the Tao Networks.
- Disasters. Disasters may damage the Cryptocurrencies systems resulting in loss of Cryptocurrencies held by users.